The same time every year, I start falling in love all over again. With who you ask? Not a who…but a what! I love the Fall season! As much as I love Summer, after 3-4 months of dealing with Texas heat(100+ degrees) I long for the cool crisp mornings of Fall. There is just something magical in the air, a feeling in the atmosphere as Autumn begins to approach. I am not even sure I can describe this feeling that I speak of but it is unmistakable and it makes me a very happy person. Let me share with you many of the reasons that I fall in love with Fall each year……
- Pumpkins– Pumpkin lattes, pumpkin scones, pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin candles and decorated pumpkins! There is nothing that says Fall like this round little(or big) squash. This also includes one of my favorite pumpkin traditions, the Pumpkin Patch. I started this tradition once I had children and I look forward to it every year. Oh, and how can I forget this little pumpkin!!
|Liam at 1.5 years old|
- Holidays-Two words: Halloween and Thanksgiving. Okay, that was three words but you get my point! How much fun is it to decorate for the Holidays! Better yet, how much fun is it to eat during the Holidays! I think I get just as excited for my kids to dress up and trick or treat as they do. And as much as I hate it(yea right!!) someone has to make sure that their trick or treat candy is free from poison and needles. Can you say taste testing!! Perfect way for portion control, too;)! As for Thanksgiving, all I have to say is stuffing, sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce…YUM!!! Of course, we should say our blessings every day but in this crazy world it is easy to get side tracked so taking that day to really be THANKFUL is amazing as well!
- Running– I realize this doesn’t necessarily relate to Fall for most people but for me, it is a Fall must! This is the perfect time of year to get outside and exercise. I used to run regardless of the season. 100 degree temps or 40 degree temps, I would suck it up and do it. It didn’t mean that I liked it though. Now, I tend to get my exercise indoors during the extreme temps but during the Fall I just cannot make myself hop on a treadmill or take a class indoors. The crispness of the air, the cool breeze on my face, the spring in my step….oh yes, Fall = running weather to me!!
- Clothing– I might have to argue that Fall has the cutest clothes! Light weight sweaters, a perfect fitting pair of jeans and tall boots. For those lounging days, a comfy pair of sweats or yoga pants and a soft pullover……. What’s not to love!
- Comfort Food– Chicken & Dumplings, Chili, Pot Roast, Beef Stew, Potato Soup, Chicken Noodle Soup…I could go on and on! My favorite way to cook in the Fall is with a Crock Pot. It is easy and convenient, especially for working moms. I love the delicious aroma of the food awaiting me after a day of running errands. This year I look forward to experimenting and finding healthy ways to make my favorite Fall recipes and I will be sure to share many of them here. After all, I still want to look good in my bathing suit once the 100 degree days hit!
Tell me, what is your favorite season and why?