Good Monday morning!! Tell me, what do you have on the agenda for the week?
I plan on hitting up Target here in a bit for some organizational items. Not only did we paint the master bedroom this weekend but we turned the kids former playroom(and what was my exercise room) back into their playroom and kicked my exercise stuff to the curb. Sigh. I wasn’t happy about it but my elliptical decided to die this weekend and I didn’t see the point of having a big empty room for just a few sets of weights and a bench. Besides, most of my home workouts are done by video and that I can do in my bedroom.
My very beautiful bedroom!!! If you cannot tell, I am very proud of the way it turned out after spending a good portion of yesterday painting it.
I love, love, love the blue accent wall. I was so nervous about putting the blue up on the wall but once I did it, I couldn’t have been more thrilled!! We still need to paint the master bath but I can knock that out pretty easily next weekend. After that, it will be on to the rest of the house. Well…..maybe! We still haven’t been able to come up with a color that we like for the main area of the house. Lance is actually going to pick up a sample called Warm Muffin today.
It is a muted yellow/gold so fingers crossed it looks good on the walls. What do you think?
I LOVE Mexican food!! I think being from Texas, it is pretty much a requirement. During my second pregnancy my main craving was salsa. Not chips and salsa, just the salsa. I swear I would drink the stuff!!
I still get intense cravings for Mexican every now and again so I was beyond excited when I came across a recipe for a healthy chicken enchilada casserole with a creamy sour cream- like sauce. Just looking at the ingredients I knew this would be a good one and I was right on! This recipe comes from Kristine at Busy But Healthy and while it is wonderful just the way she makes it, I like to make mine just a teensy more “saucy” and cheesy 🙂
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 1.5 cups onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2/3 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup light cream cheese
- 9 small corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8-12 ounces of shredded chicken breast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8×8 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In a skillet over medium heat, warm the onions and corn. Remove skillet from heat and add in cumin.
- In a blender or food processor, blend salsa verde and cream cheese to make your sauce. Set aside.
- Cut the corn tortillas into layers. Begin to layer casserole by placing a layer of tortillas in the bottom of pan.
- Add a layer of corn and onion mix followed by a layer of chicken and finally the cream sauce.
- Repeat layers in that order once more. (tortillas/corn and onion, chicken, sauce)
- Add final layer of tortillas on top and cover with shredded cheese.
- Heat in the oven for approximately 25-30 minutes.
The best part…..this recipe equals FOUR servings which means that you get a really nice sized piece of casserole. You don’t have to go away from the table hungry after this meal!!
You can get the nutrition info at Kristine’s blog but I think you will be pleasantly surprised by it!!
I like to serve mine with a little light sour cream and some chunks of avocado. Ohhhh yeah…… no need for a Mexican restaurant(and bowls of tempting chips!!) when you can satisfy your craving at home with tasty food like this!!
Do you like your salsa spicy or mild? I like it all but I usually got for the stuff with a kick 😉
What is your favorite type of food? Mexican, Italian, Chinese, ect?