One kid is back to school, my house is clean again and I have my workout done for the day. Oh how I love checking things off my list!!!
Does anyone out there watch “The Voice”? It is hands down my favorite reality talent show on television right now. I mean, the fact that Adam Levine is one of the judges is more than enough reason to watch. However, he isn’t the only reason, there are really some amazingly talented singers on this show.
I have a few favorites right now and if you don’t watch you will have no idea who I am talking about but if you do, let me know if you agree!!
My faves: Trevin Hunte, Cody Belew, Cassadee Pope, Bryan Keith, and Terry McDermott.
I know, I have many favorites but I’m telling you, they are all VERY, VERY good!!! Fingers crossed that none of my faves go home anytime soon!!!
Pumpkin Pie Tartlets
This is a recipe that I discovered last Fall on Pinterest. It was a hit with my family and myself then and it has remained one that we still OOOOO and AWWWW over!!
These taste just as good as any pumpkin pie I have ever had but they certainly do not come with any guilt. These little tartlets ring in at just 100 calories(without the cool whip and graham crackers) and make the perfect mid-day or after dinner snack. Heck, go ahead and have one for breakfast, too. I have been more than tempted to ;-)!!
I pretty much followed the recipe on Pinterest exactly but instead of using gingersnaps to crumble on top, I used graham crackers. I already had the graham crackers at home and my kids aren’t crazy about ginger snaps so I just used what works for us. Of course, I quite enjoy gingersnaps so they will be fantastic is you choose to go that route instead.
Just in case you don’t feel like clicking away from my blog(you dear, dear person :-)), here is the recipe for you!
100 Calorie Pumpkin Pie Tartlets(recipe from verybestbaking.com)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 can (15 oz.) Pure Pumpkin
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 cup fat free whipped topping(I used light)
- gingersnaps or graham crackers, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Place baking cups on baking sheet with sides. Spray each cup with cooking spray.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger and salt in small bowl. Beat egg whites in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Spoon 1/4 cup of mixture into each baking cup.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until knife inserted near centers comes out clean. Cool on baking sheet for 20 minutes. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top each with whipped topping and gingersnap/graham cracker crumbs.
Serve these up as a healthier dessert option at your family or friends Thanksgiving dinner or make them for yourself to snack on throughout the week!! Either way, if you are a fan of pumpkin pie, these will surely satisfy the craving without making you regret it later!!!
Do you watch “The Voice”? Who are your favorite contestants?
What is your favorite dessert to eat on Thanksgiving?