Thanksgiving may have come and gone but I am going to do my best to keep the spirit alive!
The giving thanks part, that is!! With Christmas fast approaching, it can be a little too easy to get caught up in the things we want versus being thankful for what we already have.
The food…..well, I am kind of over it. I celebrated with two Thanksgiving meals(one friend, one family) and while I enjoyed each and every bite I ate, I am ready to “cleanse” my body just a little bit.
I pretty much sucked at taking pictures yesterday so I don’t have food photos to share. Not that you are overly disappointed as I am sure you have seen your fair share of them on other blogs. Look at their plates and I am pretty sure mine was identical;-).
I may not have any pictures to share but I do have some tips for getting back on track. That’s better anyway, right?!
Getting Back on Track
If you are like the rest of America(raising my hand!!), you probably more than enjoyed yourself yesterday, eating all kinds of rich, delicious comfort foods and dessert. While I am sure you enjoyed it as much as I did you may also be feeling a bit sluggish and bloated this morning. Not to worry, with just a few tips you can be the bloat and gain your energy back in no time!!
- Let go of the guilt!! I have to include this one because so many times we beat ourselves up for overindulging, even on special occasions. It is important to remember that one or two meals will not ruin all your hard work. The key is enjoying that meal and then getting right back on track!!
- Get rid of less than healthy leftovers. Keep the turkey but ditch the stuffing and desserts. Fill yourself up with lean protein and green veggies. Some veggies, like cucumbers, spinach and asparagus are especially helpful when it comes to getting rid of the muffin top.
- Drink up!!! Water and green tea that is!!! Aim for 8-10 glasses of water as this will help to flush your system and will also keep you from snacking when it isn’t necessary. Many times, if we aren’t drinking enough we turn to food thinking we are hungry when in fact your body may need some extra hydration.
- Get your sweat on! Hit the gym, press play on your favorite fitness DVD, or go out for a run…just get your body moving!! Need some extra ideas? Check out some of my favorite circuits that can be done at home or the gym! Use those extra calories you consumed to really fuel your workout.
- Sleep. Make sure you are getting to bed on time so that you get the necessary 7-8 hours of sleep per night. You are much more likely to reach for sweets and carb heavy foods to give you energy if you are feeling sleepy. Of course, you will only feel more tired after the sugar crash. Besides, if you are going to give it your all in the gym, you need a body that is well rested and ready to move!!!
Alrighty, it is time to practice what I preach!!!
I have a date with Jillian Michaels but first I am going to make myself a nice big green monster smoothie!!!
Source: sweatsparkles.tumblr.com via
How are you getting back on track today?