Can you believe we only have two weeks before Christmas is here?! I am not sure where time is going but it sure is passing by quite quickly!!!
I have seen this Christmas blog circulating on a couple of my favorite blogs, like Janae’s and Ashley and figured since Christmas day is closing in on us, I had better jump on the bandwagon before it is too late!!
1. Favorite Christmas Album/CD/Song?
I don’t really have a favorite Christmas album or anything but the song I can listen to over and over again is O’Holy Night. I love that song!!!
2. Exercise on Christmas morning or take the day off?
Definitely 100% take the day off from exercise!! That is a busy day around my house, especially with two kids. I prefer just to wake up and enjoy the morning with my kids without adding stress on how to get a workout in.
3. What do you usually eat on Christmas morning? Blueberry Muffins have been a tradition since I was a little girl. While I do love them I am considering changing it up this year with homemade cinnamon rolls. I just don’t know if I am brave enough to attempt them. Maybe I should have a box of blueberry muffin mix in the cupboard just in case the cinnamon rolls are a big FAIL!!
4. Favorite holiday or Christmas tradition?
Driving around looking at Christmas lights with my family! The gaudier the lights the better in my opinion. I like it Clark Griswold style!!!
5. Real tree, fake tree or no tree? I cannot remember the last time I had a real Christmas tree but it had to be as a child. While I think they smell awesome I like the way artificial trees are easier to decorate and there are no pine needles or allergies to worry about.
6. Christmas pajamas… yay or nay?
For my kids….yes!!! I like to buy them a new pair every year. If I have some I will wear them but I don’t but myself any just for the occasion.
7. Where do you spend the holidays? Your own house, your parents’ house, extended family, in-laws, friends? Now that we have kids, the day is spent at our house!! Before that, we used to travel to spend the day with our extended family. I just feel like kids should be able to wake up at their own house to see what Santa brought and stay in their jammies and play with their toys all day.
8. Food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat? Cookies, cookies and more cookies!!! I like to bake but I don’t do much of it during the year. Come Christmas time and you can be sure there will be lots of cookies made up in this house!!
9. Open presents all at once or take turns? Stockings… yes or no? Before kids, we took turns opening one at a time but with kids, that just doesn’t happen. They are so excited and love to tear into their gifts as quickly as possible and I love watching them do it!! We also do stockings and that is where the smaller gifts and candy go.
10. Favorite Christmas(ish) movie? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. This reminds me, I have yet to watch it this year and need to change that like NOW!! I cannot go through a Christmas season without laughing my hiney off over this show.
Join in and answer one(or several) of the above questions.