I hope y’all having a wonderful start to 2013!!!
I have to be honest, I am lagging a bit behind today due to a night of exceptional fun. While I more than enjoyed myself last night I am paying for it dearly today.
I should mention that I rarely ever drink so give me a bottle of wine all to myself and the end result is quite entertaining. 😉
The evening started off with some great food!
Followed by great conversation and my first glass of wine.
Somewhere in the time we were waiting to ring in the New Year, that one glass of wine turned into a couple more which led to me shaking my tail feather…..
I LOVE to dance and since we were at a house party I could be as silly as I wanted and just enjoy myself!! Oh yes, and dance in my sweats!! I quickly changed into these to make sure I was comfy as I showed everyone how to “drop like like it’s hot”!! Yes, yes….I am truly a nerd :-).
My little guy takes after his momma. He has some pretty good moves himself!
It was a great way to bring in a new year, especially being surrounded by those that I love!!!
2013 Goals: Creating a Better Me
Over the last few years, I had pretty much given up on making New Year Resolutions. Like so many other people I would start them but not always follow through, winding up feeling disappointed in myself.
I feel like this year is going to be different, though. I am ready to make some goals for myself and now that I am armed with some tips on how to achieve them, I am pretty excited to be given a “fresh start” in some of the areas of my life I would like to improve upon.
- I want to continue working out on a regular basis, whether it comes in the form of cardio, strength training or ideally, a combination of them. I really want to get back to running semi-regularly and I am making a goal to run in at least two(start small!!) races this year. I don’t care what the distance is but I want to commit to doing something that pertains to running.
- My focus this year is going to be on consuming less processed foods and more whole foods like fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean meats(limited amounts of meat). I know protein in essential for a healthy body but I hope to continue eating meat free a couple times per week as my body feels its best when I eat this way.
- Portion control. While I eat pretty healthy about 70% of the time, it is the other 30% that is getting me. Not only do I tend to eat less than healthy foods at this time but I consume them in larger quantities than necessary.
- Lose 8-10 pounds. I was hesitant to make this a goal for myself because I truly believe that the scale isn’t always the best reflection of living a healthy lifestyle. Still, I know that if I want my pants to fit better and to be happy with my appearance in the mirror(and pictures) a slight drop in the scale is going to be required.
- Spending more quality time with my family.
More date nights with my husband, even if that means watching am uninterrupted movie while cuddled up on the couch together.
Exercising more patience with my kids. This also includes less yelling. It is far from my best quality and I badly need to work on this. Yelling does not accomplish anything other than making me feel guilty after the fact
- Spending more time with God. At least three(hopefully four or more) days per week I want to sit down with my study bible or YouVersion(an app for your phone) and spend 15-20 minutes of uninterrupted time reading His word and reflecting on being the person He desires me to be.
While I know life in general doesn’t always go according to plan, I have high hopes for a wonderful 2013. I am going to do my best to make it one of my best years yet and when life throws me some obstacles(it WILL happen), I will take them one at a time, thankful in the knowledge that those moments are the ones that make me a stronger person.
Were you able to stay up until midnight?
How did you ring in your New Year?